Thursday 23 April 2009

Chrome update


Last year I wrote about Chrome, the then new internet browser from Google. Today, while trying to load a game via the new version of Internet Explorer I realised that I, by default, use Chrome.

Last time all I could do was give an early review and I was reasonably favourable. Today I recommend Chrome. And there are two main reasons why:

1. It loads fast. Noticeably fast. Both when you open it up and when browsing.
2. The home page as your most visited pages which is really handy, more than I thought it would be.

Compared to IE8 it is reliable. It has hardly ever crashed. IE8 keeps crashing!

When I wrote about Chrome in October 2008 I thought I wouldn't use it as my only browser because of the lack of RSS feed capability - turns out it doesn't matter, now I have got google reader set up how I like it I use that all the time.

I also thought I would miss the integration of gadgets into firefox. Nope, haven't missed them.

My friend at work likes the incognito mode because she shares a computer with her flatmate. So no trail left behind.

Chrome is my browser over 95% of the time at home. Now I just wish IT would load it onto the work machines.

Photo credit: Bauchidgw

No comments: