Monday 21 April 2008

The Girl’s Guide to Being a Boss (without Being a Bitch)

This is the book I was talking about in my first post: The Girl’s Guide to Being a Boss. The book is basically a really good guide to being a manager but with a useful female angle. Because I think it is hard being a female manager. Especially if you have male members of staff.

Do I agree with everything? No, but definitely 90%.
Is everything relevant? No because I work in the not-for-profit sector but it is interesting.
It is written by two American women, Caitlin Friedman and Kimberly Yorio, who work together in PR. And whilst researching this post I stumbled across their site: Girls Guide. It is a site, about business, for women. As they say:

"This is a "New Girls Network" that will put the "Old Boys" to shame"
Something for me to have a look at I think.

Their next book The Girl's Guide to Kicking Your Career into Gear is out in May and it's already on my Amazon wishlist.

p.s. the books are cheaper on play.com than Amazon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats really interesting - I think its also interesting to hear that you think part of the reason its not as relevant is because you are in the not for profit sector, but the corporate approach is not suprising because as you say its written by americans!

I am looking forward to hearing what you think about the guide to kicking your career into gear...it sounds like a book I ought to read...

Anonymous said...

thats really interesting - I think its also interesting to hear that you think part of the reason its not as relevant is because you are in the not for profit sector, but the corporate approach is not suprising because as you say its written by americans!

I am looking forward to hearing what you think about the guide to kicking your career into gear...it sounds like a book I ought to read...