Thursday 24 April 2008

Museum Days

A couple of years ago my friend asked me if I wanted to do a museum day with her. We both took a week day off and decided to tackle three museums in a day: British Museum; Natural History Museum and Science Museum.

We both live in London and have travelcards and now the museums are free (apart from the special exhibitions) it was set to be a cheap day.

It was great but three was overambitious. Given the travelling needed two would have been more realistic. By the time we got to the science museum we were flagging.

But the point is this, who really spends time as a tourist in their own city? Take a day off and be a tourist.

*Photo credits: J!mbo and TwOsE

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's true, people so rarely take the time out to be a tourist at home. I used to live on the Isle of Wight, and just occasionally I'd remember how lucky I was and scootch off to the beach to buy an ice-cream!